To provide information on OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard as well as an understanding of the hazards chemicals pose and what can be done to ensure the safety of those who may be exposed to chemicals in the workplace. Understand the changes in this standard related to the adoption of the Globally Harmonized System in 2012.
- Understand the importance of the HAZCOM standard
- Define the requirements of the standard
- Identify the hazards that may be associated with chemicals
- Identify the routes of exposure for chemicals
- Identify safe practices/procedures to eliminate chemical exposure
- Understand the importance of warning labels
- Identify what type of information should be on warning labels
- Identify what type of information should be contained on a safety data sheet, or SDS
- Identify where SDSs should be kept/stored
- Identify what information should be contained within a written HAZCOMM plan
- Understand the changes created by the adoption of the Globally Harmonized System
- Identify the requirements of outside contractors
Are you interested in our training services? Contact us for more information.